Thursday 30 April 2015

When I get really pissed off...

Sometimes when I get really pissed off, I wish I was one big uninformed village dweller - a very remote village, and probably go by the name Seedati. So when madam needs me, she’ll call out: “Nmbaring Seedati Wooo!” and I’ll say: “Nnamoo, Kanjango!”

When the kids are sent to call me for a meeting at the village square, they’ll say: “Nfa Seedati, Nfa Suntukung ko Alikalo ko e’sitay danku Bantabato” and there my peers will be like: “Afang Seedati, korrtanteh, dimbayal'lay, hamdullah, mbeh siidula, Barrkallah.”

If we need clarification on current issues, we’ll just call one of those village VIPs or a certain local champion if you like. I mean those transistor-radio holding BBC listening unqualified teachers or auxiliary nurses on postings. Seriously, sometimes one is happier being clueless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...