Thursday 2 April 2015

Self Directed Rehab!

My desire for attention was so awful that I could go to extreme lengths to suck it out of people. I hated to play a part in anything that wouldn’t throw me in the spotlight.

I behaved as if mine was the most glorious soul, and anyone who disagreed with me was a living disgrace. I singled out, frowned on and passed judgment on random people.

That was before I came to realise that I was trapped by a self that had to succumb before the emergence of a nobler self; a self that is resolved to no longer view the world selfishly and despite all the selfishness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...