Friday 24 April 2015

‘Son of the Congo’ - an inspiration!

“With what I have been through in my life, when I was young - to stay focus with no food, my dad in prison, sleeping on the street – that was hard. So to sacrifice for my team in the NBA Playoffs is nothing for me”- that was Serge Ibaka on his decision to play and help his team that was down 0-2, even though he had a calf injury that was supposed to sideline him for the rest of the season.

Mr. Avec Classe’s ‘Son of the Congo’ got me all emotional, but that’s what’s up. Successful people should be bold enough to tell their stories in order to inspire those on the point of despair. The episodes I watched are a manifestation of the fact that he who is patient and focused will someday smile, and that while life ain’t done yet, change is still possible, be it gloom to bloom or rags to riches.

The wise thing is: do not trade your little endeavours for hearsays and baseless assumptions, or throw in the towel on the pretext of problems. In fact I prefer to call human conditions challenges and not problems.

As humans, hope is all we have, because we cannot see the end - and even though it’s natural to sometimes feel desperate or become sick and tired of being sick and tired of your condition, it is also important to remember that the food which sustained the billy goat until it grows its beard is sufficient to continue to sustain it until YaAllah dogal ndogalam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...