Sunday 12 April 2015

Everything is but a season.

I don’t like a history that teaches me to dislike certain people on the basis of the past actions of their ancestors, but I love history for the lesson that everything is but a season and all seasons come to an end, that time runs everything, including a time to be born and a time to die, a time to gain and a time to lose, etc.

Even that television drama series that was listed as the longest-running soap opera had an end. I don’t know the name, but that’s beside the point, you may check the Guinness World Records to validate the facts. What I want to say is that every storyline, be it difficult or painless, yours, mine and everyone else’s will one day grind to a halt - no ifs, ands, or buts about that.

I think I have read, travelled, seen, been ditched even by my longest served sweetheart and lived long enough to accept the fact that nothing endures and nothing in life is everlasting except the Most High’s everlasting promise, not even your specially selected friends will keep on forever.

It will help if we could all take a moment and reflect on our past and the past of others. It will help us to live in the present, to build a future and to leave behind admirable epitaphs, because in the end, that’s all what will be left of us, memories of the things we shaped or shattered

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...