Wednesday 25 February 2015

United Nations

My internet adventure took me to the un.org, and to a window called “United Nations Observances.” There I found “information and links to international days”- Is like every day is a UN day, January through December, as if that’s what they were created for. Soon they’ll run out of days to observe, no jokes!  

I think UN is like the police in horror movies, always not on time. They’ll sit and wait for individual states to get their act together, and when the house is in order, they’ll touchdown to mourn the victims, praise some hero about it, and perhaps dedicate a day in honour of what happen, or help reconstruct the place by giving fat contracts to their inner circle of experts. What a way to promote equality

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to say that come September 2015, at the 70th General Assembly, instead of resolving to find the root cause of all the horror going on in this world and to hold all connected nutcases accountable, they’ll perhaps pass ‘Resolution 70’, Agenda Number ‘Nangam’, declaring that day so-and-so be observed as international so-and-so day against/for so and so – and that’s it.[shaking my head]

For my part, I am happier with Chronixx chanting down Babylon than Ban Ki-moon and his supporting cast gratifying the devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...