Monday 2 February 2015

Luck!

I remember in grade 6, we were getting ready for our final exams, and the hype about each one’s state of preparedness got this girl (name withheld) nervous. She came up to me and asked: “Omar, Fo Nying Examo Mankay a, b, c Lay Ti.” [Is this exam not going to consist of multiple choice objective-type questions, like a, b, c?]

I said “yes dear, there will be a selection of possible answers to choose from”, and then she said “Abanta”, meaning she's then good to go. I knew straight off that my girl’s gonna be banking on abracadabra. Fortunately she pulled in a pass, even though it was marginal, she still passed. Don’t say you do not believe in luck.

Even with diligence, and all the encouragement and advice from mentors and role models, you’re still going to need that bit of luck. To everyone reading this, I am wishing y’all the best of LUCK in days, weeks, months, and years ahead

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...