Thursday 19 February 2015

“Kanala Mo La Bi”

LISTEN! I am not saying be bearers of each other’s burdens, because that may be easier said than done, but if you cannot speak your honest opinion or give advice to someone ahead of a certain burden or mess, then don’t say anything when the damage is already done, because then your opinion, guidance or whatever must have gone stale, and invoking an issue that’s out of date is not unlike mockery.

It is sensibly held that a friend that says “I told you” is better than the one that will rather say “I knew this will come to pass” – [Xariti “Waxon Nako” Mo Geun Xariti “Xamon Nako”]

The “I told you” kind of friend may not be very well-liked because of his frankness, but at least he’s likely to give timely opinion, inform you, or give you a hint on imminent matters that you’re perhaps not fully awake to, and of probable troubles and setbacks mostly.

In contrast, the “I knew this will come to pass” type of friend may appear to be friendlier, but that’s just a facade, they can be aware of issues that are about to affect you, or even schemes against you, but will prefer to say nothing until shit happens to you.

If you ask me, if you have a friend who kisses arse, butters up and overly compliments EVERYTHING you do, say or put on, as if you’re the perfect human being, then my friend be guarded...“E’bay Wulia Fola Ko Talibeh Yantangho” – I got that from Fafadi Kéléfa's “Kanala Mo La Bi” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...