Monday 9 February 2015

Please don’t let me be judged subjectively.

The past week was a great one and I am grateful. My occasional excesses were technically grounded because my ride went kaput over the weekend. I haven’t gone out or played part in any reckless nonsense. However, it’s a new week and I am back at the rat race, meaning I am going to need a lot of divine intervention. So dear God! If folks cannot be stopped from passing judgment on me, please don’t let me be judged subjectively.

Sometimes I wonder if people overstand how delusional it is to think they’re so close to someone when they’re as remote as the east is from the west. I believe if they knew, they would’ve known that the feeling is not only misguided, but also the reason why people are sometimes too critical of people they know nothing about - and since their opinions about such people are derived from mere speculations, they end up treating them with prejudice and for very unsound reasons.

If your familiarity or social contact with someone is not further than ‘Hello!’ and perhaps a chat or two on social media, do not rashly try to profile that person. Stop acting as if that person is someone with whom you share the same bed. Sometimes the people you think you know can be a far cry from how they appear or what others say about them.

Naturally, wherever there is steady harmony, there is certainly someone who knows or thinks he knows something about someone, but exercises restraint in saying anything based on impulse rather than thought. I know I am being allusive on here, but that’s because I write not for fools, but for allusive listeners out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...