Saturday 7 February 2015

Mannequins Incarnate...

Listen! Exaggerating your swagger until it’s too awful for words will only transform you into a mannequin. You know “mannequin”? They’re those dummies that dressmakers and tailors display their products on. They’ll still be raggedy-ass dummies even if they were twice as pleasing to the eye as they appear.

And about those ‘Tragedy High School’ graduates that I have been seeing on here lately, posting 'selfies' that are 100% counterfeit, but courageously captioned as: “Be yourself” grin emoticon. I'm saying screw that cliché! If being yourself implies wearing a mask of lies and living your life on made-up stories, then being you is a disservice to decent civilisation, and asking you to be you will also be a very terrible advice.

But they say give credit where credit is due, and I think I have to admit that sometimes I am impressed, in the sense that some of these “mannequins” are so artful that gullible people tend to be foolish enough to fall for their pretence, to the point of copying everything they do, including their blunders – poor fools!


Don't mind me! The ‘International Institute of Applied Cynicism (IIAP)’ is where I schooled at. In there, we frequently engage in excessive complaining, but we’re not dream killers. So if living a life of fiction is your life’s ambition, keep it up, but be conscious of the fact that it’s a small world and people talk – I mean people can connect dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...