Wednesday 11 February 2015

A successful family business enterprise is the best.

It is very inspiring to read stories of successful family business enterprises, particularly those that began with setbacks. Growing up, I mean before my dreams went through this inescapable detour, I used to hope that my little shop will one day grow into an empire, so that my kids wouldn’t be born into the corporate rat race.

You know, live the life of a self-made CEO - something like Henry Ford and The Ford Motors, William Wrigley and Wrigley Company, Sam Walton and Wal-Mart Stores, and the rest


Perhaps this is just my opinion, but really, seeing how selfish this world is increasing turning into, I don’t think there is anything more brilliant than affording your kids the luxury of becoming heirs to a corporate kingdom. 

Here unfortunately, it takes some of us years and years of blood, sweat and tears to create prosperity, but instead of showing prudence and wakefulness about future possibilities, we are inclined to opt for a life lived like there is no tomorrow, forgetting our humble beginnings, and the pains we went through to get to where we are.

Maybe it’s some form of obsession - or perhaps transitory opulence is also a DNA thing, and that ultimately letting everything to slip away is unavoidable. Doesn’t make sense to me; is like building an empire in ages only to help it to crumble in a day, pulling the plug out on future generations, and exposing them to preventable hardship.

What can I say! Even broke people are now trying to plead comfort by being incredibly flashy, spending what they’re yet to own and trying to impress rivals that do not exist..The other day, I was in my room hearing echoes from what sounded like a wedding ceremony, and the MC was announcing the donations. She had this portable PA system and I could hear:

“AJI FATOU DI XARATI YA KODOU MO JOHE LI, MUNEH AK HEPP – BENA TEMERE, NYARRI TEMERE, NYETTI TEMERE……JUNNEH [up to] NYARRI JUNNEH” [and then the claps].

I am not a psychic, but knowing what I know, I was sure if one had trailed that one home, you’ll be appalled by the amount of unpaid bills she had, but she wouldn’t pay those, because having her name aired over a loudspeaker was more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...