Sunday 1 February 2015

Let your Dua'a be specific!

Tell me, if a diabetic patient is injected with Chloroquine instead of Insulin to lower his or her glucose level, what effect do you think it will have on the patient’s blood sugar?

Same way, I know Allah listens to hearts, but lately I have been thinking, like maybe our dua'a (prayers) should also be purpose, craving or situation specific, so that we can have a sure response for what is being prayed for, and to not be using "one size fits all" prescriptions for every ailment.

Hold on! I like giving illustrations, and it’s just an example yeah. For instance you’re at a funeral, and the departed soul happens to be a LIAR, and instead of praying for Allah’s forgiveness and mercy on the lying soul, or for protection from the punishment of the grave, you choose to flaunt how versed you’re by plunging deep into the Quran, say ‘Surah Ali- Imran’ for instance, wherein there is a verse that says: “... and pray for the curse of Allah on the LIARS.”

See what you've done, what do you think that recitation is invoking, with Angels all around listening to what’s being said about the deceased? I bet if the dead could come back to life for a sec, this one will reawaken just to place his or her hand over your mouth and say: “Shhh! Just shut up if you have nothing nice to say”

Anyway! I am not a scholar and I am not pretending to be one, this is just a thinking I had, and Allah knows best! - May all these differently beautiful ladies I see veiling either in solidarity with their Hijabi sisters or just in observance of World Hijab Day be able to draw inspiration from it [Amen]– now that’s  the type of purpose specific dua'a I'm talking about.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...