Sunday 15 May 2016

Anybody can be somebody...

I buy 'Ebbeh' from this girl at least once a week, and not because I crave it, but because I was brought up to appreciate those who detach themselves from that inflated sense of smug superiority to get by, especially women. This one probably just don't know it yet, but she's a work in progress of a success story, and I pray she becomes one.

In fact, to me, every girl's something in her own right, or at least has the potential to be someone. She can be anyone, or be with anyone she wants to be with, from celebrities to front row politicians, because none can be disfavoured by both ingenuity and looks at the same time; God ain't mean. But they say if you gotta do something to be something, do it right.

So, wishing to improve your social standing is not about doing just anything for the making of ratings, it's about doing what you do, and doing it like your future depends on it. It's about being high-achieving and ambitious in a good sense. But if you're doing all that and folks still talk trash about you, it is probably because they feel insecure around you; screw their feelings and do you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...