Friday 16 October 2015

Plan B...

You can put all your eggs of progress in one basket; say in going abroad and being a "been-to" for instance, it's entirely your call. I have been there, done just that. In fact, you can ask me and my guidance to go to hell, because your business is none of my business.

BUT, don't you think you're risking too much on a single dream which, like eggs breaking, could go wrong? Won't you consider spreading the risk, by getting a fall-back position in case your primary dream goes bad, because you can never tell?

See, once upon a time, I was not just good at basketball, I was great. But by God my dreams flopped, and today I am here wondering how things would've been if I had put all my hopes in becoming a professional athlete. It's not as if I have recorded suceess in my alternative plan, but I see the basketball version of me as one of those losers that one gets in the process of making progress. But that's because as much as I hate to resort to it, my Plan B came in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...