Saturday 3 October 2015

Give some consideration...

My lil niece said she wants a mobile phone. I promised I was gonna get her a toy phone. She went into her momma's room, brought a makeup kit and said: "Uncle take this." In legal terms, her gesture is called consideration, not bribery. I saw the kit as an inducement she's providing for my promise, causing it to become binding.

See, at just two years old, I find her more behaved than most adults today, especially those who tend to be so choosy, picky and cranky, even when they beg; those who'll desire to eat your Akara (bean fritter), but expect you to brave the hot chili sauce for them.

I find her more consciously thoughtful than those adults whose only gift is the gift of receiving, those who'll never give in return, and cannot even tell between a privilege and a right, those who'll beg with authority like you're under an obligation to provide a complete solution to their problems, those who'll tell you: "you know what, if you can't give this or that, and nothing less, then go to hell. I ain't gonna beg you."  [So ko munut nga bye, mann dumala nayhal]

I find her more tactful than those folks who go about claiming hero about their unreasonable demands, like they made you give or help them because you're timid or scared of them. Mtchew!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...