Saturday 24 October 2015

My deen is complete, I'm not...

I believe the religion I follow is doctrinally complete, but I'm not complete. In fact no single adherent is, no matter what you wear or how you look, for you may have the looks of a priest but the heart of a demon. We must overstand that the set of deeds that each individual follows is what he knows to be followed, but that's not all there's to be known and followed.

We are told that we must keep seeking in order achieve knowledge and clarity of perception, and that's perhaps the reason why Jihad is encouraged. But "Jihad" as in personal spiritual struggle for self-improvement, and not passing judgments or being oppressive.

We cannot be intolerant of those who differ and still want to make them overstand the truth or validity of what we believe in, but we can pull them towards us without forcing them. It's a thing of behaviour and in knowing that we can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...