Friday 2 September 2016

Smart folks..

If your dream is to make a living by making someone else's dreams, go for it. If the benefit you receive in addition to the normal benefits of holding your job, a raise, or a promotion makes you so happy, or is the standard by which you measure success, salam! Me, the fact that I am providing labour to another person for a salary makes me feel unsmart. But that's just me.

In my opinion, smart people don't wait to be employed, they create it; they go against the odds, break out of deep dependence to make new identities for themselves. They hardly indulge gossips or seek advantage at the expense of colleagues or the greater good. They are busy networking: interacting with like-minded people, getting new ideas and contacts, bargaining and negotiating business deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...