Sunday 11 September 2016

Knowing changes everything....

So thanks to the viral announcement on here, I am now in the know that fasting on the day of Arafah is sunnah, and an expiation for two years. Considering the many petty misdeeds I indulged in, and not so proud of, I cannot say I didn't know I could wipe them clean.

It feels like the Eskimo hunter who asked the local priest whether he would go to hell if he did not know about God and sin... and the priest answered, saying: "no, not if you did not know." He asked again, and very earnestly: "then why did you tell me?"

Good question, because knowing will beset him with adherence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...