Sunday 18 September 2016

You can't cheat fate....

I took close to a decade off from my academic prime and dedicated it all to the game of basketball, but I couldn't turn pro, because my part was to decide and to strive to excel. It takes fate to make it happen, and that lies in the hands of God. Do I regret (mis)directing my efforts to what was never meant to be?

No, because whether I accept it or not, destiny wouldn't give a rat's ass. So I chose to appreciate that no matter how good I thought I was, how hard I thought I had worked to earn a spot, and how much I hated to luck things through, the fulfillment of my will and of things I work for will always be at the mercy of a Higher Will, a better Will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...