Thursday 25 February 2016

University of Google

To an information addict like myself, the Google search engine is not unlike a university, because just like Google, all what a university does is to provide source or access to information, and to create an environment for diligent inquiry into facts, principles, theories, applications, etc.

The lecturers are only there to help you organise the information you will gather. If what you gather or went in with is nonsense, rest assured that you will graduate with organised nonsense. But from once you are an autoditact, you may not even need a lecturer to guide you.

However, let it be known that like the university, Google cannot replace the burden of using your common sense. I know this because I am a regular googler, and I can confirm that googling and making something out of it requires ability or skill if you like, and lot of common sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...