Tuesday 23 February 2016

Impossible or I'm-possible?

Someone said: "because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish." Presumably because people have different measures of stamina and persistence.

But do we all know this? Unfortunately I have to say no, and I am speaking from what I see happen in my part of the world. Here, whenever there is a difficult task to do, "impossible" is the common response of those who want to justify them giving up, and those who want to deter others from trying, mostly because they do not want to eventually look upon the successes of their own people with elevated feelings. To them, no local resource is as good enough as one that comes from foreign.

However, knowing that people are destined to be what they decide to be, and that none can be successful without ever failing at anything, those who are motivated and inclined to excel will hyphenate the word "impossible," so that it becomes the inflection of the verb "be" and the adjective "possible;" as in: "I'm-possible." These incredible people amongst us are of the understanding that goodliness is a consequence of "ideas" and not "ayeh-deeya" (Mandinka phrase for pleasant dispositions).

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...