Sunday 26 March 2017

Gambia, the politricks...

The time is 11:50, feels like a 28/29 °C sunny Sunday morning still. I'm here, at my spot, church goers so neat, politicians radiating warmth and friendliness like they usually do when vying for attention. One gave me a poster, elegantly printed. I took it with a smile like, "don't worry bruh, we got this," as if I'm gonna vote for him. Well, I wouldn't be the one to soil his enthusiasm or cause him to problematise his courage to contest.

You see, I overstand politics is adversarial and all, but really, except if they're just being cosmetic about it, the level of disunity amongst our political figures being projected on social media is nothing more than exaggerated hearsay; so far, and for my part that is. I believe it's safe to say that the aggressive behaviour and the wedge politics is just a handful of us on here.

I can bet my bottom Dalasi that if some of these politicians who frequent social media should read from some of us to their colleagues, they'll laugh. It's like soccer players in the pitch exchanging jerseys, talking nice about each other during interviews - y'know, bromancing and all that, whilst their fans are losing sleep, and throwing stuff at each other on the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...