Saturday 4 March 2017

Coalitions split up, it's normal...

For my part, my voting for the "2016 Opposition Coalition" was because it was strategic, a wajib if I may. Evidently, it did effectively serve that purpose. But a coalitional bromance thereafter, or some sort of political 'match fixing' to install uncharted parliamentarians on the average electorate wasn't part of my expectations.

See, people with ideological differences coming together for a particular advantage is not uncommon, but it doesn't 'dead' the differences, hence an eventual split up is expected anyways.

In my opinion, if our National Assembly is going to be the guard dog of the commoner as in a proper democracy, and not just to prop up the presidency, all the parties across the political spectrum should be able to run the way it pleases them, provided they get nominated, and any politician who fears getting knocked out for running solo, you don't step in the ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...