Friday 16 January 2015

Confidence and esteem...

“E’ko Fuwareyah Allah Leh Ka Wo Sabu, Bari Jutungnaya Efango Leh Ka Wo Si E’fangNa” – ST Da Gambian Dream (RESPECKO)….I AGREE!!!

I agree ST...I also believe that poverty could be a fated experience, but believing in the thought that there is no light at the end of the tunnel, or having a terrible sense of lowliness and lack of appeal is self imposed.

Confidence and esteem need to be felt within before respect could be afforded from outside. You got to take pride in your own worth to be able to defeat your insecurities. Sometimes those loud people that you overly admire may not be as comfortable as they portray; it is natural for people to want people to see them the way they want to be seen.

You cannot expect others to have a high opinion of you, if you keep comparing yourself to them or keep having the feeling that they have it better, and I have seen that happen all the time. I have even seen folks giving themselves titles like “Ndarreh” or “Badola”, bowing out of their privileges at social gatherings and still expect to be treated with respect.

Olof Njie Neh Ku Bindu Ni Tama, Nyu Tegala Ni Tama [that if you’re shaped like a talking drum, you’ll be beaten like a talking drum]

Appreciate that you are you and they are them, and if someone is seemingly richer, prettier or smarter than you, know that there is someone in there who is poorer, uglier and slower on the uptake than you. No one can have it all. I know these things because I am almost always on the street, and I know how great some of us are at faking it...’Amunj Tuss, Mununj Saarr, Wye Denj Mun Dekabi - Yalna Sutura Yaga’.


Personally, I will be dishonest if I tell you I am not tired of being poor, but that doesn't mean I should despair, because I know in this life, the Most High has created something for everyone. They say not all fingers are of the same length, but when they’re bent, they all stand equal. Meaning, life becomes easy when we bend and adjust to all situations

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...