Sunday 11 January 2015

Let parents be better watchdogs

God knows I want the best for my neighbourhood, but sometimes I look around and I feel disheartened, not because of the sheer size of menial hustlers stocked in one community, but because of the endless behavioural problems being exhibited by some of these kids, and mostly resulting from overindulgence by their parents.

I see kids having everything their way, good, bad or ugly, as long as they can yell their spoiled heads off for it, it is tolerable. If out of concern you try to admonish them, their parents will go nuts, asking you let them be, because “they’re kids and will change someday”. I hope “someday” will not be too late. Bloody Hell! Even rich folks don’t tolerate that kind of elusive shit from their kids anymore.

Of course there are a few sharper knives in the drawer, cultured younger moms mainly. If you see their kids, you can spot the disparity in upbringing. I like it when they call me Uncle Mike/Omar, or when they say “thank you” whenever I get them goodies; they’re so courteous. I pray they don’t get decoyed into those folly infusing hobbies.

I believe their moms are willing to adjust; maybe they’re moved by our disfavoured circumstances and are doing all they can to help their kids rise above the mediocrity that surrounds them, and that’s so encouraging. It will take us far, if they too don’t get contaminated that is.

However, it appears that the best part is still dead to decent civilisation and that sucks. I see parents who are totally free from care, and unfortunately that carefree conduct is inadvertently creating nothing short of an impoverished successive generation, but they’re so clueless – [Wakh Na Bay Horh]

When things go bad, you’ll see them trekking from fortune-teller to spiritualist trying to find a way out, when the only way out is to start breaking off from cheering their kids into sheer foolishness. Some will point finger at the rottenness of rich kids, when theirs are even more terrible. Others will use their badly behaved kids to get to other people, not knowing that that will only afflict the kid’s development, leaving him/her ill prepared for real life challenges.

God forbid, but if some of these parents cannot handle the situations that their kids are in, and they grow up like that, so out of hand, delinquent, and unmannerly and without any decent schooling or skill, they may end up with the same basic shit that we want to break out of; you know, being servile to urban bigwigs. No jokes! Shit is no rocket science, it’s a circular process, and until we unanimously create a dive by being better watchdogs for these kids, not a bloodclaat thing will change.

WHEW! I am glad I got that out of my chest.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...