Thursday 22 January 2015

Life is a dream

Before heading home, I went to collect something from the supermarket, and I saw this young lady coming out of an enormous car; a poor beggar and her two kids came up to her, apparently looking for what to take home. Keenly watching, I saw her drew five Dalasis from her wallet to give them.

Honourable thing she did, but me and my emotions; I was like: ‘Chei! Yallah Mor Barry Njoobot’ (God really has a differently proportioned family). It is Him that gives to who He pleases, changes seasons, disposes some to elevate others, and nobody’s might can cause Him to not doing what He wants to do, or the other way round.

In Spain they say “La vida es sueño,” derived from a dramatic piece, meaning ‘life is a dream’ and I believe; Just that different dreams for different people. Some take pleasure in their lucid dreams, some have great dreams, some cosmic dreams, some numinous dreams, whilst some are going through nightmares, others are daydreaming or having false awakenings, some are into progressive dreams and even mutual dreams.

But at the end of the day, “all men are by nature equal, made all of the same earth by one Workman; and however we deceive ourselves, as dear unto God is the poor peasant as the mighty prince,” that’s Plato's claim, but the way I see things, I am not sure if humankind is not interfering with that declaration, or has not even destroyed that equality through egoism, classism, racism, nazism, elitism, supremacism, prejudice beliefs and divide among people - Rasta dubs it the “isms and schism”. I wonder!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...