Friday 15 December 2017

Feedback, criticism if you like...

I don't know much about the concept of the 'Perfect Man' (Insanul Kamil), but I'm of the belief that the highest attainable state of human excellence is not perfection. I think the goal's to be better and to keep improving. Therefore, receiving candid feedback is an imperative. Anyone who feels bad about that is not ready to improve.

However, like Frank A. Clark said, feedback, or criticism as he exactly puts it, is like rain. He said it should be gentle enough to nourish a man’s growth without destroying his roots.

Isn't that something that we in this New Gambia can use right now? Exactly what I thought! A lot of us who offer criticisms these days are either inconsiderate, condescending, rude, or it's probably the satires that we employ in our social commentaries that are so crude. And so we need self-examination, because we are making bitter the people we want to cause to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...