Tuesday 26 December 2017

About hell...

A mentally ill friend has this theory that when we all die and finally meet our Maker, he said given the considerable degree of trepidation on that day, the Lord will give us His Godly look and say:

"Nahay mbow!' Y'all think I took all that trouble in creating y'all only to cause y'all burn in hell?" And he said the Lord will turn to the angels and ask: "Who am I?" They'll reply: "You're God, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful. Master of this Day of Judgment." Then He'll say: "open the gates of heaven and let these fools enter."

Perhaps it was his lucid moment, but I was so wowed that the lucidity of his theory got me thinking against his being insane. But then, seeing man's injustices against man, the many nutcases, transgressions, and immunities for crimes against humanity, I think there are more indications to the contrary; there certainly has to be a hell down there for damnation, and I pray we aren't part of the lost souls. May we live right and achieve salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...