Monday 11 December 2017

Relative Privation Fallacy, that's it....

When and where something needs to be done about something and something is being done, qualitatively that is, even if that thing's not what you would've done or started with, it's only right to appreciate progress, knowing that not everything can be done at once.

'Olof Njie neh “Su don mahn”, dey yaha mbollow.' ("If it were me” destroys unison). Hold on! I'm not referring to offerors of genuine alternative propositions. I'm talking about those often logically crippled arguments that follow the typical "su don manh;" however good they may sound, I see them for what they usually are: specious, downright fallacies of relative privation.

See, if you want to dismiss my argument, Samba's complaint, or Buba's priority, it's not "by force" - you gotta come with logic, not just bringing up a case or existence of what you think is a more important thing than ours, or a problem you think's more problematic than Samba's and that's it, regardless of whether your preference is as feasible.

For instance: there were shoes to be donated, and I suggested that donating them to kids in Kunkumendy who trek eight miles to school would be awesome. And some pseudo-woke altruist was like, "hell no! Is it because you're from that region? In fact, you're talking about shoes... I'd rather we help that kid that returned from Libya a cripple after stepping on a landmine." I was like, grr...! I feel for the kid, prob'ly more than you do, but... it's shoes we're talking about. Does he need it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...