Monday 3 April 2017

Hope...

Survival they say is not a fair fight. Sometimes all you need is hope, but that’s because all you got is hope. Hope that whatever you’re going through is just temporary - that from once you’re doing your bit, change will follow and you'll go places. I have been doing that from when I was little, and I won’t stop because if I do, I’m losing hope and that’s like losing everything.

From as early as when Fatou Laobé released “L’an 2000,” there was never a year that I didn’t boldly declare as my last being broke. In fact, in my head, I had choices - the typa cars I’ll purchase, the crib I’ll own, the places I’ll visit, and all that. Well, Decembers come and go, I’m still broke, but I’m still hoping.

Myself, my hopes have always been my companions in thought, and I can confirm that nothing’s as encouraging. Today, tell folks where you picture yourself a moment from now and they’ll callously laugh. Some will say you're delusional, or you should just shush and quit lying to yourself. But they say even if the shore is out of sight, keep swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...