Saturday 1 April 2017

If you love compliments, accept criticisms too...

Sincere compliments can whet anyone's appetite and that's natural. But how many of us are imbued with the spirit of dealing with constructive criticisms is what's few, and that's perhaps one reason why servile flattery, insincerity, and sycophancy is rife round here, and why any who sets aside all personal proclivities to state the facts is likely to awaken all hidden sensitivities.

When folks believe they're entitled, and they ask for your take on it, you tell them your mind like it is, no benkeh nyenkeh, it doesn't float their boat, though well-intentioned, and even if it's what they require to improve, you're often said to be envious, or you're being a hypocrite. Now be me and remain in your cool and you're enyaan still. But that's none of my business. What baffles me is: why ask what I think if you know you're not open to an unappealing though candid feeback; can't you see you can't unring a bell?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...