Monday 17 April 2017

Politics isn't theology...

I'm not a career politician, I'm not pretending to be one, and I don't want to be one, but what I do know is that today, if you find a way between democracy and autocracy, take it, knowing that unlike theology, poitics or diplomacy cannot be completely disengaged from circumstances of which you and I may see as contemptuous of what is right.

So, if yours is issuing "Press Releases" to allay the often bratty tumult, and especially regarding a recent "official travel", be grateful. Where (from what) I come from, the only time the government holds a "brotherly invitation" or a "bilateral relation" hostage is when it's either too costly or not as beneficial a tune to the piper, but not because it's contrary to conscience, even if that was what we were caused to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...