Thursday 26 April 2018

"Live and let live" - what I think...

If ‘live and let live’ is to go by the way some activists blanketly advocate, it should follow that guidance and counseling are useless, and all disciplinarians are oppressive.

Don't get me wrong; it's not because I’m conservative or it's difficult for me to adopt... far from it. I love the freedom. But whether the consequences of the freedom are always as bearable as the philosophy is set to, that’s what I doubt.

If virtue truly lies in the middle, I think there should be a cut-off beyond which, ‘live and let live’ is flagged as ‘rakaaju’ (insolent conduct).

Remember that decisions and choices have consequences. At least I'm my own proof that it’s easier to refrain from making bad choices (deeds, words, or thoughts) than be rescued from the consequences. Let us be sincere in our advocacies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...