Sunday 22 April 2018

Airs sells!

I think the only trait that comes off absolutely virtuous in this country is false pretense, airs if you like. So, pretend kindness towards the average Gambian and you'll become a saint.

Y'know: "ndeysan, ku sett hol la. Amut ben problem." But until shit goes south like every con comes to an end, and we discover you were just a smooth operator: "ouch! Ki mor tojj chaa.....!"

Unfortunately, you can be genuinely kind to us, always be there for us but once, and you're declared wicked. Ha! Perhaps I should also become one big-arse representation of all the untrue facts about me.

And you too, if you're sick and tired of being sick and tired of being a victim of the consequences of honesty, you may want to join the club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...