Wednesday 11 April 2018

How feeling???


A friend on the phone with another, so consoling if you ask: “[details missing] oh, uh, sorry dear! It shall be well with you. You’re a good person.” But soon as the call ended, feelings got infected: “nyaw, good for you, mtcheew!”

I was like, seriously? But of course I said it: some of us just wish to see others suffer, especially people we envied. Others just want to be required to feel supportive, because compassion presents them as moral people, even when feigned.

I don’t know what that makes us, if the message is: “none of you will believe until you love for your brother what you love for yourself."

Good friends that I know will help you nip your adversity in the bud - prevention is better than cure. The rest who could, but would rather wait till damage is done so they can claim kindness about it are Show-offs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...