Saturday 8 October 2016

Hurricane Matthew

Prayer is awesome; so my thoughts and prayers are with the brothers and sisters in Haiti. But then what Haiti needs right now is not just prayers; they need supplies, doctors, and nurses like yesterday; then they need better structures and uncorrupt institutions for proactive disaster management.

I hate to comment on natural disasters like this lest I'll be blaspheming, but really, I just cannot overstand nature. Sometimes it seems as if she has her worst disasters and mass murders in store for the most fragile. This country's one of the world's poorest; they haven't even recovered from the 2010 earthquake that killed thousands, the cholera thereafter, the Hurricane Sandy in 2012, and now this, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...