Saturday 29 October 2016

Screw dreams, have goals...

Dreams are like opinions, they're so commonplace. In fact, any fool can get stoned and start imagining things. I used to see myself shaking hands with David Stern, the NBA commissioner then, as I am being introduced as the first pro NBA player from The Gambia... some dream of a bigger life, some big fame, others big cars with custom-made wheels, Sunday barbecues by the pool with women dressed half-naked, getting high and laid like nothing else matters.

However, goals and gameplans are like sensible understanding; they're so uncommon, and that's where many of life's overtaking takes place. Dreams only imagine what's pleasing to imagine having, but deficient in strategies, objectives, tactics, tools etc. In truth, dreams alone cannot guarantee a life as awesome, they must be striven for, that's how they come true. You must have the courage to make yourself available to the task. I thought I needed to say this to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...