Friday 10 June 2016

Stop playing half-gods...

God judges people by their faith and by the content of their hearts, and these two criteria only. We on the other hand pass judgments on outward appearances, because that is as far as we can see.

Sometimes we judge others by our individual standards, like: "someone's doing something good because there is a personal gain in it for him. He's not selfless like that," or "don't take a word she says, she's cunning like that," and these prejudices are mostly because we are like that ourselves.

Guessing has become our chosen expertise, but unfortunately the root of most fuckups today; the evident reason why we are always making very wrong conclusions, getting on each other's nerves, and frequently changing the way we view issues or see one another.

If yesterday I did something you liked, I am a cool guy, despite my many known ills. Today that I cannot because I am in the middle of something for me, I am bad. But must I always be offering? How can I be good and bad at the same time? What must it take to stop playing half-gods like that because it isn't working?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...