Thursday 30 June 2016

Before salvation, you'll be tested...

And because God will always test us to see how well we will be able to restrict or limit ourselves from doing the things He said we shouldn't, to ascertain our ability to endure, and to see how tolerant and prayerful we will be under tests that may seem provocative, or to see if we will accept and regard His Will as always proper.

I am not pretending to be a scholar because I am not. But one thing I think I know is that His tests sometimes have a primary and a secondary object: being you that is being tested and the transgressor or oppressor that He uses as the means by which your test is transmitted. May He give us the gift of patience and understanding, and not test us with that which we wouldn't be able to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...