Saturday 18 June 2016

Change as many times as you deem fit...

When your negative inclinations fade, and you reinvent yourself, or try to manifest who you truly are, Jay Z says everybody looks at you strange, and say you have changed. Like you have worked that hard to stay the same.

Me? Growing up, I was so noiseless that when something hilarious happens and I laugh, mom (RIP) will say "Omar sah rei na lolu." (Even Omar's laughing to that). So like herself, she encouraged me to be a teacher. But I was becoming too much of a chatterbox for my own liking. I remember each time I get pissed, I'll quit. In fact I resigned three times in six months. Social media came and made me a writer, but that too rubs some people the wrong way like I care.

If you ask me, humans are like the seasons of the year, so change as much as you can/want, provided by change you are not going to undergo a process of moral drought, or turn into everything you said you'd never be, like being selfish, greedy, wasteful, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...