Saturday 19 March 2016

You can't please them all...

If you happen to be in a fortunate circumstance, and in a society like ours, you can do everything you possibly can for the people around you, even at some cost to yourself, but trust me, all what they'll talk about behind you back are those things that you didn't do for them.

If you're a people-pleaser, this will bother you. But being a recovering people-pleaser myself, I can confirm that unless you learn to crush some feelings, and say "yes" only when it is not a "no" to yourself, unless you realise that the primary cause of stress is giving a rat's arse, and unless you stop trying to adapt to the demands of everyone, you'll never do anything good for yourself.

I am not asking anyone to be unwilling to give or share, because if you know me, and you're sincere enough, you'll know I am not stingy, but since it's a moment of truth, it must be told. No one wants to get stuck with bills and emergencies that aren't your personal problems, and especially not for a dissatisfied set of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...