Friday 11 March 2016

Mann ken du ma horh...

If you want to get married because you believe you have fallen in love, it's your call to make. If you believe it's about time you feed your reproductive urge, and whether you have laid plans on how to sustain the institution or not, it's still your decision to make.

But if the only reason you're married is to have a license to get laid without guilt; if you take the sacred covenant for a thing of convenience by 'chagatu-ing' even after marriage, and pretending to be acting out over your bad relationship; if you keep complaining about your spouse like she's the beginning of your end, like you're serving time, except you're looking for a partner in misery, what you should be focused on is the possibility of parole, not constantly asking me to get married, like a spouse is some garment that anyone can grab off-the-rack. Besides, you're certainly not fit to be imitated.

My stance may be wrong, but that's my mistake to make, 'ken du ma horh.' Right now, what I want, how I want it, and when I want it is my business. I am not gonna let someone's imagination of what is best for me to get the better of my intelligence. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...