Wednesday 30 March 2016

Allow people to change....

Listen, if you cannot disuade a brother or sister from giving up on his or her struggle for self-improvement, knowing how hard it is to be fighting a battle that no one knows much about, the least you should do around this person is to be seen and not heard, because a depressed spirit can feel devastating. I know a little something about that.

In this life, if not yourself, you must have known someone who did things in the past that he or she will give anything to undo. But at the end of the day, what is of consequence is not who or what the person was, but what he or she has become. No sarcasm intended, and I don't want to name names, but I know former stoners and weedheads who to the credit of the 'Markaz' are today spreading the word of God, and conmen and indecent workers proving that it is possible for anyone to turn their lives around.

So, the way I see it, and probably the way it is, parting with an old lifestyle, or changing for the better is not much a shame, as it is in: "Oh! Once upon a time, I used to be so cool, calm and innocent, but shit happened and now I am an idiot."

As for you making a personal reform, remember that even though your best time for change was yesterday, there is always a second best time, and that time is today, like right now, because you have the capacity to develop, but you wouldn't truly live to witness your own change unless you stop living your life caring what people think of you. Don't ever say I didn't tell you so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...