Saturday 29 September 2018

The struggle is real.

So, these kids came to the house with a trophy, drumming and chanting: "olé... olé olé olé..." you know, asking for donations for winning a championship or something.

"Which tournament did y'all win?" My brother inquired, knowing that the trophy's just coming from a neighbour's store being cleaned. [Oops, busted!] I laughed so hard like, man, the struggle's real, yo!

But then it's a validation of my theory that we are a microcosm of everything 'aguan at state level, where donation is sought for every rass-claat thing, real or speculative, only to get stolen, poorly distributed, or embezzled by the very donation seekers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...