Wednesday 5 September 2018

Gambia - poachers turned gamekeepers...

About this "New Gambia" on here, whilst I see and appreciate the pragmatists and brave whistle-blowers, I'm also seeing what those who choose to blind their eyes and pretend not to see the growing disconnect with sincerity don't see. But that's because most of them found God just after December 2016

I mean: I see genuine concerns, just like I see selective rage, convenient amnesia, strange cases of poachers turned gamekeepers - you know, folks who evidently prospered through crooked means, now protecting interests, rights, priorities, and exposing loopholes they previously loopholed.

These are folks who will read this and know I'm right and being so tactful at it, but will still catch feelings, or assume that I'm just being bitter - folks who, or whose have known no other career but being civil servants for a nation as poor as ours, yet so wealthy even successful entrepreneurs want to be like them - as if it isn't ironic already using civil service and wealth in the same sentence.

That's why there's confusion as to whose criticism is genuine and whose isn't, because evidently, some defiance is just some disgruntled ex- syndrome, (Alkali koto la kuwol): "I no longer partake, so I'd rather hate than rate..." like Buju puts it: "thief neva love fi see thief with long bag" - yet the thief acts as if his dislike is motivated by "love for the people who are suffering real bad" - perhaps why the song's called Untold Stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...