Sunday 30 September 2018

I guess because of superficial interests

The Gambia has a very funny history of not doing anything beyond conception, or at best, the first (baby) steps: beautiful plans, noble causes, plausible beginnings, and that's it.

Soon ego-serving infighting will transform the team into groups, and the moon therein jealous of the stars, causes become curses, eventually what the military calls a 'SNAFU' - situation (seemingly) normal, (but) all fucked up, or 'FUBR' (fucked up beyond recognition or repair).

What I mean is, we begin everything, and never finish anything. That's my fear with all these CSOs, task forces, activistic fervour, commissions and all, and I hope I'm proven wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...