Saturday 29 September 2018

Govt and The Travel Ban...

Our national travel expenditure got to almost a quarter of a billion in 6 months, there was legitimate outcry, the government heeded, imposed a temporary ban on all government funded trips except for essential statutory meetings.

But... where the hell was SCOT (the Travel Clearance Unit)? Well, that’s by the way.

Some say its “drastic” but “commendable”, some say it’s “too late”, some say it’s overtaken by events - “travel votes are almost exhausted”, others see a “deviation from real issues." Me? I see a reactive but at least a listening government, who's being listened to, I don't know but I hope the ears wouldn’t turn selective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...