Friday 9 March 2018

Was she wrong... I mean the honourable minister, was she wrong?

The Standard Newspaper said the Minister of Health and Social Welfare said:

“When you talk about corruption in the health system we all know how it is…. These young doctors that will just go and practice pharmaceutics, some of them have opened their own pharmacies with the resources that we have. I am very sure of what I am saying because I was the PS.”

And then the justified furor. But also, let's contemplate:

If her allegation holds no water, how did all those 'Not For Sale' drugs get into private pharmacies?

Was she referring to all doctors? No? Are you the referent? No? Why are you angry?

Are you the referent? Yes? Is it true? No? Can you do something about it? No? Then why fret thyself?

Are you the referent? Yes? Is it true? Yes? Then change.

-

See, it's cute how we all want our public officials to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, but funny how we go bonkers whenever we are, or ours is at fault for what's being kept real.

And because we take things too personally, the conclusions we draw are often negative, causing us to wear gloves for fights that aren't even about us.

If you ask me, the sooner we pull our heads out of the sands of self-deceit and acknowledge our shortcomings like we all have one, the better. Otherwise, the change we seek as a nation will remain as far-fetched as I know that Sona Jobarteh is off-limits to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...