Thursday 15 March 2018

"System Change", still...


I haven't heard folks throw these punchlines in support of executive excesses in months: "You would've done the same if you were in his shoes." Or, "who stopped Jawara from doing for Barajalli what the man's doing for Kanilai?"

I guess that too is another change indicator: improved public awareness. I remember one evening, I was so darn starving, and broke; I went to the shop to buy just anything I could afford.

Waiting in line, I had to watch GRTS against my will. It was their near everlasting screening of the former president's dinner in some foreign country, and so I went ballistic. Some guy who doesn't know book was like: ‘wye bro bul enyaan... mo mom telem bi.'(It's his TV; they can put him on view whenever the hell they want).

Well, fast forward, and as human fickleness would have it, that same moron is today a ‘barrow-meter' (a President Barrow watchdog). So, arguably, there may be no "system change," but some formerly improbable things are happening and that's change irrefutable right there. 

Refrain from being influenced by your emotions and prejudices and you will see the change. Trust that, dread!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...