Sunday 18 March 2018

If you cannot do it, teach it....

You saying or writing a general observation that inadvertently portrays someone else’s character cannot amount to judgment. Judgmental is the one who reads your piece and makes it about himself or someone else.

Another thing I've observed on social media is folks using that cheap-ass 'walk your talk' punchline to discourage others from expressing themselves. To them I say not everyone is gifted with the means to walk their talk. So, while backing one’s talk with action is more powerful, it doesn’t mean that those who do not have the opportunity to act should stop talking their talk.

In fact, here’s my theory: if you cannot represent your words with action, teach it. You may spark some brain or inspire some walker into walking your talk. I want to believe that’s the reason why you see some protégés doing stuff that their mentors could only imagine.

So to those out there who wish they could, but cannot just pen their thoughts because they don't have the time or are mentally constipated, I say take heart and let those who can, employ their gift, except if theirs is but high sounding nonsense. I have seen those too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...