Wednesday 21 March 2018

To our dear Gambian doctors...


If the Health Minister's resignation is all what you are striking for, going by your profession's “first, do no harm" promise, and if putting innocent and poor patients at risk qualifies harm, I say there’s no pride for you in winning this strike.

If anything, this strike will only lower you in public esteem, and that's bad, because the government's alleged lack of respect is likely to be overlooked. So, strike all you want, but know that this is a defining moment; a test of ethics and of your compassion above your ego.

I thought I should say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only get one life to live...

I’m sure some of you’ll remember my bashing of those kids who fervently trust that “you only live once” (YOLO), mostly to feed their desire ...